Director Of Finance and Administration
Tanzania Private Sector Foundation (TPSF) is an apex and focal private sector members based organization, which seeks to promote effective engagement with government and other stakeholders in developing policy and conducive environment for doing business and developing the country. TPSF therefore commands significant influence and credibility both locally and internationally. It boasts a unique position as the government’s partner, which makes her a key player in policy formulation, public private partnership (PPP implementation), coordination of high-level public-private dialogue (PPD’s) platforms and National Budget. TPSF has thus stood tall and bold on many advocacy issues of national and sectoral importance.
POSITION: DIRECTOR OF FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION
STAFF JOB DESCRIPTION
UNIT: FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION
REPORTING TO:EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
The Director of Finance should be an experienced accounting and financial management expert and should be familiar with the relevant accounting and finance policies of the Government of Tanzania as well as donor policies and procedures relating to financial management and disbursements. It is expected that the Director should have the following attributes:-
- Five (5) years’ experience working on donor funded projects.
- Must have worked for reputable Non governmental Organisations (NGO’s) and/or with Donor Funded Project (DFP) for 5 years or more.
- Possess an accounting professional qualification such as ACCA, CPA etc.
- Master’s Degree in Accounting, Business and Finance or equivalent (added advantage)
- At least five years working experience in finance, accounts, audit or related field.
- Knowledge of accounting software packages and computer literacy especially MS Excel
- Strong planning, organization and time management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks;
- Strong analytical capabilities and proven skills to deal with Financial Management issues innovatively and independently;
- Capacity to be a member of a multi-disciplinary team, to provide advice and recommend actions;
- Proficient in preparing and presenting reports
- Proficiency in communication orally and written English and Swahili and
- Has good interpersonal skills and leadership experience.
THE RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE DIRECTOR OF FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION
- The Finance Director shall be responsible for all Financial Management aspects of the foundation and without prejudice, the position will be responsible for preparing, reviewing the TPSF’s Financial Management Projects Accounts reports and financial forecasts. Detailed responsibilities shall include:-
- Through his Finance and Accounting team, maintain clear and up-to-date books of accounts that meet internationally accepted accounting principles and financial reporting standards.
- Provide overall support in establishing a proper internal control system to achieve accountability at all levels and assurance and that project funds are used for intended purposes with due consideration while observing integrity, efficiency and effectiveness;
- Train and provide technical support to the Secretariat and Project Coordinators and Finance staff in fine tuning their Financial Management systems for proper internal control systems and generation of the required financial reports.
- Regularly advise the Executive Director on financial issues through periodic reports and consultations and alert against any irregularity, lack of compliance, lack of adherence and problems whether actual or potential concerning the financial systems, operations, plans, accounting, audits, budgets and any other matter of a financial nature.
- Facilitate all financial review of the utilization of the funds and accounts by the Internal Auditor(s), External Auditors, Financiers and other donors’ supervision missions and provide support on audit matters as directed by the Project Coordinators and donors from time to time.
- Maintain a working relationship and develop additional relationships with banks and financial institutions with the aim of securing the funds necessary for the operations of the organization, the attainment of its development plans and its investments.
- Evaluate financial trends and when necessary, recommend courses of action to correct budget imbalances.
- Act as a custodian of all TPSF’s Assets, both fixed and current.
- Perform any other duties and task as may be assigned by the Executive Director.
- Preparation and implementation of Departmental Annual Business Plan
HOW TO APPLY
All applications should be addressed and submitted to the following email address
Tanzania Private Sector Foundation
1288 Mwaya Road, Msasani Peninsula
P.O. Box 11313
DAR ES SALAAM
The deadline for submitting the application is 15 March 2021