TITLE: Finance Officer
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Kigoma region emergencies team
LOCATION: Kibondo – Kigoma region
CONTRACT LENGTH: 1 year, renewable
CHILD SAFEGUARDING: Level 2: The role holder will have access to personal data about children and/or young people as part of their work; or they will be working in a ‘regulated’ position; therefore, a police check will be required.
ROLE PURPOSE: The Finance Officer is responsible for the effective application and enforcement of SC accounting, administration, reporting systems and internal control procedures.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Finance Coordinator
Number of direct reports: 0
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Ensure that financial documents are archived properly at the field office and scanned copy are achieved properly in retrievable manner. Support the Finance Coordinator to prepare GLACOS for all accounting transactions for Kibondo Field office ready for reviewed before recorded in Agresso. to ensure:
- Ensure all the payment have proper authorization as per the Save the Children policies and procedures as well as Scheme of Delegation.
- EFD receipt are attached to all supplier’s payments [relevant TAX and VAT laws, compliance with GAAP]
- Financial control procedures across the Humanitarian Programme.
- The post holder will ensure that each accounting transaction have a proper audit trail and supporting documents.
- Verify the charging codes for all the payment processed.
- Update invoice register on daily basis and provide weekly updates of invoice tracker to Kasulu Finance Officer, Kasulu Logistics Assistant, and the Kibondo/Nduta Field Manager
- Liquidity and cash flow management
- Manage and control cash in hand for Kibondo office including ensuring weekly and monthly cash reconciliation.
- Ensure all payments done through petty cash are properly approved and are in compliance with Save the Children policies and procedures.
- Prepare Cash request transfers to be sent to Dar es Salaam in consultation with Kibondo Finance Coordinator and Emergency Response Manager to ensure adequate but not excessive cash is held in order to carry out programme activities.
- Ensure all cash and bank reconciliations are conducted on monthly basis and reviewed by the Finance Coordinator.
- Prepare a list of outstanding floats for Kibondo Finance coordinator’s review on weekly basis and follow up to ensure retirement of all floats within TWO weeks.
- Makes sure that events and workshop involving MPESA payments are planned properly for cash flow purpose and during the events documentation are collected and initiated /Shared for timely MPESA payments.