Head Personal Banking
Provide leadership and ensure that the Personal Banking function is catering to the various needs of personal segment by offering adequate custom-made solutions and products through effective customer and client relationship management.
- Implement the overall client segment strategy, annual business plans, policies and procedures for Personal Banking client segment, to support functional and organizational business strategy.
- Work closely with key stakeholders to leverage business opportunities.
- Ensure that the Bank is moving forward with stretched objectives regarding the Personal Banking customer segment
- Fully effect execution of rigorous sales management disciplines across the segment
- Work closely with Head Retail Products & Channels in product development projects during several phases: initiation, analysing, realisation, implementation and evaluation phase.
- In collaboration with Retail Products & Channels oversee the development of value proposition and regularly re-evaluate the Personal Banking segment’s needs and preferences
- Carry out appropriate actions to improve the Personal Banking service quality and delivery
- In collaboration with Branch Network ensure sales force meets targets
- Manage change and ensure sales culture is embedded and sustained.
- Responsible in implementing the organizational transformation in all aspects: cultural, technology and service
- Drive and embed a strong performance culture through inspiring, motivating and rigorous performance management discipline
- Lead in building Banks profile through strong internal, external networking, alliance building, collaboration and relationship management
- Proactively nurture and leverage, sustainable robust stakeholder relationships, coalitions networks: internal and external
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and drive for gap resolutions
- Represent the Bank with respect to the area of responsibility, acting as an interface with the regulator, government bodies where necessary
- Recognize and exercise sound commercial judgement, respond and resolve issues appropriately
- Business understanding of banked and unbanked customer base, market segments, products & services, knowledge of government policies relating to banking, BOT regulations, bank policies & procedures
- Sound understanding of banking operations and systems.
- Demonstrated strength in driving operational efficiencies
- Self-empowerment to enable development of open communication, teamwork and trust that are needed to support performance and customer-service oriented culture.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication, presentation, strong closing, leadership and influencing skills.
- Planning and organizing; Selling and negotiation; Strong Relationship Management skills
- Personal motivation and drive with the ability to work independently and in a collaborative environment
Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree in Economics, Business Administration, Finance, Marketing Statistics or research; MBA is an added advantage.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant banking experience 5 of which must be in a senior role.
NMB Bank Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 14 working days of the advert closing date, then you have not been shortlisted.
“NMB Bank Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.”
The deadline for submitting the application is 09 March 2021
Ohio Street/Ali Hassan Mwinyi Road
P.O. Box 9213 Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Head Office Working Hours
Monday – Friday
0800hrs to 1700hrs