Position: Housekeeping Supervisor
Scope of work
In broad terms the housekeeping supervisor oversees the following key performance areas:
- Communicate with the head housekeeper and housekeeping staff continuously to ensure smooth running of the department and ongoing motivation of staff
- Supervision of lodge cleaning and preparation to achieve and maintain Singita standards
- Monitoring of housekeeping equipment and lodge furnishing in order to facilitate upkeep
- Training and development of staff in accordance with HR requirements
- Performance management of staff to ensure maximum productivity and a positive staff morale
- Providing the “extra touches” to the lodge suites / and laundry to ensure the guest experience is special; and monitoring the maintenance of the standards set by Style and Décor team
- Oversee the laundry / housekeeping team to ensure the timeous and safe washing /ironing of guest laundry; and easy access for staff to a functioning laundry facilities and other responsibilities
- Communicate effectively with lodge management re housekeeping issues and standards
- Attend the morning meetings [in absence of the Ass Head Housekeeper or Head Housekeeper] to ensure the Housekeeping department is up to date as regards lodge plans and that management is kept informed of housekeeping matters of general interest
- Provide maintenance issue list daily to facilitate the maintenance process
- Complete monthly stock takes from all housekeeping related areas to ensure that shrinkage is kept to a minimum and stock control is maximised
- Manage the housekeeping stores and ensure that shrinkage of consumables is kept to a minimum and stock control is maximized.
- Attend and cross train in either laundry or room responsibilities or where capacity needs to be built
- Company training manuals and courses to be completed according to the specific requirements (Lobster/Ecolab Training etc.) 15. Move between all Singita and supportive properties when required
- As such the person filling this position needs to have:
- Knowledge of housekeeping standards and procedures
- Previous experience as a housekeeper in a similar establishment
- Strong administration ability – particularly in terms of procurement and stock control
- Computer skills – E-mail, MS Word and Excel in particular
- The ability to manage, motivate and train a large staff complement
- Assertiveness and strong communication skills
- Attention to detail and consistent follow up
- Agility and stamina
Ability to work under a continuous pressure, extra hours & at any station within the company properties i.e. Sabora Camp, Faru Faru lodge & Camp Sabayaya respectively.
Competitive remuneration package, commensurate with qualifications and experience, will be offered to the successful candidate.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
All applications should be addressed and sent to the undersigned either by email via Jobapplication@grumeti.singita.com and or by postal mail not later than 31st March 2021.
Head of Human Resources,
Grumeti Reserves Ltd,
P.O Box 65.