UONGOZI Institute was established in 2010 by the Government of Tanzania to inspire and equip Tanzanian and African leaders to deliver inclusive and sustainable solutions. This is done through the provision of high-quality executive education, facilitation of policy dialogues, action-oriented research and technical assistance for public and private institutions
The Institute’s Resource Centre (RC) is a knowledge hub that offers a rich selection of informational materials on leadership and sustainable development. It is housed in the Institute’s offices in Dodoma and Dar es Salaam with a wider range of users, including leaders, researchers, development practitioners, students and the general public. At the Institute, it plays an important role in the designing and refining of programmes under Executive Education as well as Research and Policy.
Why join UONGOZI Institute?
- The successful candidate will support the coordination of activities of the RC in Dodoma, reporting directly to the Knowledge Management Officer.
- This role exposes fresh graduates to knowledge and information tools, as well as administrative and marketing tasks. It involves:
- Cataloguing and classifying of publications through computer software.
- Stock taking and updating of the RC information materials.
- Assisting users with their queries, such as locating relevant resources in electronic and physical formats.
- Registering new members and updating members’ details in the RC database.
- Keeping the RC members informed on new literature materials and/or updates.
- Supporting the collection of content for communication purposes, as well as participating in exhibitions at events by the Institute and/or partners.
- Overseeing the check-out and check-in processes for all RC materials.
Duration and Work Schedule
The selected Intern will be provided with a three-month contract with the possibility of extension under certain conditions. Some assignments will involve travelling.
Who are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in Library and Information Science or related field.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, both in English and Swahili.
- Customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in MS-Word, Excel and internet search tools.
- Volunteer experience is preferred, although not required.
How to Apply
Join our team by submitting an application via firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Resource Centre Intern” by November 29, 2020 at 05:00 PM (EAT). The application should include a motivation letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV) with contact details of three referees.
UONGOZI Institute is an equal opportunity employer, committed to promote a diverse workforce. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.