The Aga Khan Health Service, Tanzania (AKHST) an institution of The Aga Khan Development Network, is completing a major phase II expansion of the Aga Khan Hospital, Dar es Salaam in 2018. This expansion aims at improving the Hospital’s quality of facilities and infrastructure to become an ultramodern 170 bed facility in order to increase its capacity as a provider of high-quality medical care leading to tertiary care, referral and teaching hospital.
The Phase II development is focusing on expanding key clinical services including a comprehensive cardiology programme, oncology services, and neurosciences, as well as the expansion of orthopedics and trauma, diagnostic imaging, critical care, and women and child health programmes.
The Hospital is ISO and JCI Accredited (achieved a level of quality and patient service that is equal to the best hospitals in the world) and the teaching site for The Aga Khan University, which offers postgraduate medical education programs leading to Master’s of Medicine in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine and Surgery.
It is also an accredited internship site. As part of the integrated health systems approach, AKHST plans to establish 35 outreach health facilities that are located across Tanzania. Currently, 20 such clinics have been established across the country and linked the main hospital in Dar es Salaam.
We are seeking for enthusiastic and qualified experienced personnel for the following positio
PROCUREMENT OFFICER – 1 POSITION
The incumbent will be responsible for purchasing the supplies/services on time, at right place and right price and managing supplier development, quality improvement and cost reduction in liaison with the suppliers and internal users/customers.
- Ensure close and productive relationship with suppliers that minimize whole life costs (Total cost of Ownership).
- Facilitate and coordinate the procurement process of (Pharmaceutical items category) to ensure internal customer satisfaction. It includes but not limited to both stock and non-stock items and services.
- Effectively manage the procurement process and identify areas of improvement in contracts and supplier performance.
- Ensure pure transparency is maintained in all procurement processes.
- Responsible for initiating the introduction of new products into the hospital through the product/ technical evaluation teams/committee.
- Monitor and analyze actively to establish expenditure profiles, develop forecast and monitor performance.
- Manage the supply proactively to guarantee availability at all times, incorporating contingencies. Participate in the planning process through the generating of standard cost for budgetary purposes.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Degree in Materials management or its equivalent Must have registration with PSPTB.
- CIPS/NBMM qualification would be an added advantage.
- Two years of professional working experience in material management, minimum one year experience in hospital settings will be an added advantage.
- General knowledge of pharmaceutical is essential and Experience of pharmaceutical purchases will be an added advantage.
- Should be able to work closely with the inventory controller to understand consumption patterns and plan procurement process accordingly.
- Should have a good knowledge of storage and handling requirements of pharmaceutical products including but not limited to understanding of cold chain items and high alert items.
- Knowledge of purchase order management system is essential.
- Teamwork and written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Must have good command on MS Office packages.
- Ability to work with diverse groups and commitment to advancing workplace diversity. Collaborative partner who values teamwork and integration.
- Openness, accessibility and visibility; approachable.
- Motivational and inspirational with a commitment to excellence.
- Sense of humor, strong confident style and enthusiastic disposition.
- Willingness to be flexible in work habits and assigned tasks. Adaptable and comfortable in less than fully structured environment.
- Focused and detail oriented.
- Highly organized and have excellent prioritization skills.
- Employ problem solving and decision making abilities to resolve challenges quickly and creatively through appropriate courses of action.
- Customer Centered: Strive to attain a continual standard of 100% internal and external customer satisfaction in all areas.
Mode of Application
APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY TO: email@example.com
WITH THE SUBJECT LINE OF THE POSITION OR HAND DELIVERED TO HUMAN RESOURCE DEPARTMENT, P. O. BOX 2289, OCEAN ROAD, DAR ES SALAAM.
PLEASE NOTE: ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEWS.
CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSION: 28TH MARCH, 2021.