Location: Mwanza Area Office 2021
Vacancy Announcement: Project Nurse
Terms of Reference
Good Neighbors is an international humanitarian development NGO founded in Korea in 1991. It was granted General Consultative Status from the United Nations Economic and Social Council (UN ECOSOC). The aim is to make the world a place without hunger, where people live together in harmony. In Tanzania it was officially established on 2005 and our efforts work towards creating environment where children’s rights are protected and sustainable development of communities through empowerment, leadership and ownership. GNTZ MAO launched its operation since 2009 and implemented community development project. Currently, GNTZ MAO has supported two communities in Kome Island in Buchosa District Council and Chifunfu in Sengerema District Council. In March 2020 we started implementing the three years health project “Promoting Optimal Growth and Development in Primary School Children through Building a Healthy Environment on Kome Island Tanzania (2020~2022)”. Funded by KOICA which will be implemented in 12 Primary Schools in Kome Island to support treatment, prevention and Control of NTD in the Lake Zone region.
Good Neighbors Tanzania is looking for individuals to join our highly motivated team in the following roles;
Position: Project Nurse
Contract Period: 1 Year (Renewable based on performance and fund availability)
To provide technical support in promoting optical growth and development in primary school children through building a health environment on Kome Island, Sengerema district.
Duties and Responsibilities
Implementation and reporting
- Participate in planning, implementation and reporting the progress of project activities (trainings/workshops, meetings, community sensitizations, and distribution of materials to schools and health facilities)
- Support and supervise all nutrition, clinical and medical-related activities such as health and nutrition education, HB testing, stool sample for schistosomiasis examination and Mass Drug Administration (MDA)
- Support operations of KOICA project activities including monthly/quarterly, semi-annual and annual progress reports.
- Participate in, and support health related trainings and advocacy meetings.
Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E)
- Conducting data collection with relevant instruments to ensure quality of work
- Document and share project lessons learned for informed decision making.
- Researching relevant data and information to identify new opportunities for proposal writing and developing strategy of the organization for innovation
- Formation and monitoring of school health clubs (Little doctors) for school children health promotion.
- Sharing knowledge and experience with other staffs, project stakeholders for improved performance
- Support other project activities like advocacy campaigns, workshops, trainings to carry out and accomplish overall project goal
- Developing and or strengthening team work spirit, and demonstrating good performance practices with staffs and key partners.
- Effectively communicate the project expectations to externals in a good manner
- Sharing weekly updates through the department meeting. Reporting weekly accomplishments
- Report any case/issue/conflict to the relevant authority for necessary steps/action.
- Perform duties in a professional manner according to the organization values and ethical conducts
- Prepare key performance agreement for enabling performance evaluation
- Preparing and submitting budget requests and final spending summary within budget limit
- Use appropriate tool for maintaining acceptable budget execution rate
- Timely collection of necessary documents for budget request and final spending.
- Establishing and or maintaining wider participation of multiple stakeholders for increased ownership and performance
- Attend external partners meetings on behalf of GNTZ.
- Perform any other related tasks as assigned by supervisor.
Competencies and Qualification
- Bachelor degree in Nursing
- Must hold Tanzanian Nursing license
- Excellent skills in use of Microsoft Excel, MS word and Power Point. Fluency in both English and Kiswahili.
- Ability to work in an international and multi-national environment.
- Well-organized, resourceful with good planning and problem-solving abilities. A team player, flexible, quick-thinking and able to work well under pressure. Commitment to the Organization vision, mission, values and goals.
- Commitment to abide by Good Neighbors Tanzania Staff Terms and Regulations.
- Qualified applicants are highly encouraged to apply for this post
Mode of Application
Interested and qualified Tanzanians are invited to send their applications with only enclosed through email only:
English written Cover letter showing your competence and why you want to work with Good Neighbors Tanzania.
Detailed curriculum vitae containing the complete names of candidate, active and complete addresses (postal, email, phone); together with names and active contact details of three referees.
The application should be addressed to Managing Director, Good Neighbors Tanzania, Plot No. 493, Block KV, Olympic Building, Ghana Area, Kirumba Valley Ilemela District, Airport Road, Mwanza City, Tanzania Olympic Petroleum Limited 3rd Floor of the Olympic Petroleum Building located at Ghana Area, off the Airport Road,Mwanza E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Submission of applications should reach the management not later than 6th March 2021 at 17:00hrs.