Radiotherapy scientist II (I Post)
The Ocean Road Cancer Institute (ORCI) was established by the Act of Parliament No.3 of 1996. The Institute is a semi-autonomous organization which operates under the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children. The Institute has various roles which stem on the main role of controlling cancer in Tanzania.
The Institute is currently looking for qualified Tanzania citizens to fill the following vacancies below….
Job Title: Radiotherapy scientist II (I Post)
Report to: Radiotherapy manager
- To adhere to radiation safety protocol
- To safely and effectively operate a variety of computerized simulation and treatment machines.
- To perform treatment planning.
- To perform treatment time calculation.
- To participate in creation of treatment and verification of data.
- To deliver dose to patients.
- To observe the clinical progress of the patient.
- To perform machines checks.
- To inform medical physics on machines fault.
- To do quality assurances activities.
- To maintain radiotherapy equipments.
- To construct immobilization devices and employee customer blocking techniques that conductive to conformal radiation therapy.
- To utilize sophisticated imaging equipment and treatment planning systems for precise tumor localization.
- To perform any other duties as assigned by superiors.
Holder of a bachelor degree in one of the following fields: Radiotherapy or any equivalent qualification from recognized Institute. Must be registered with the respective board.
- All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania and not above 45 years old.
- An applicant must send their handwritten application letters attached with current Curriculum Vita (CV) with three referees, certified copies of academic certificates, Birth certificate and two recent passport sizes picture.
- Testimonials, Partial transcripts, and results slip will not be accepted.
- An applicant who have foreign certificates should certify the same to the relevant authority before submitting their applications.
- Presentation of forged Certificates and other information in the CV shall call for legal action;
- An applicant who have/were retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply.
- An applicant with special needs/case (disability) are required to indicate in their application letter.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be informed the date for interview;
- Applications should be made on the strength of the requirements provided in the advertisement;
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are required to send a letter of interest and CV to:
The Executive Director,
Ocean Road Cancer Institute
P.O.BOX 3592 – Dar es Salaam.
The deadline for submitting the application is 19th March, 2021.