Senior Specialist-Networks (UCS)
CRDB Bank Plc is an African bank and a leading Financial Services Provider in Tanzania with current presence in Tanzania and Burundi, East Africa. The Bank was established in 1996 and was listed on The Dar Es Salaam Stock exchange (DSE) in June 2009.
Over the years, CRDB Bank has grown to become the most innovative and preferred financial services partner in the region. Supported by a robust portfolio and uniquely tailored products, CRDB Bank remains the most responsive bank in the region.
We are a collection of individuals who believe in excellence. We are always on the look out for fresh talent and we hiring people who have the drive to succeed and the will to implement the discipline required to succeed. We focus on nurturing our team and providing our team with an environment that is conductive to creative thought.
Senior Specialist; Networks (UCS)
Oversee and support unified communication infrastructure (Data, Voice, Video & IM, audio and video Conference, presentation) to satisfy business and customer’s requirements (flexibility, availability, performance, security and continuous improvement).
- Manage multiple unified communications infrastructure projects and operational tasks.
- Responsible for design, staging, configuration, implementation, and support for VoIP & Contact center systems and configurations installations as necessary.
- Configure and maintain LAN and WAN for voice services.
- Install, configure, upgrade and troubleshoot Cisco unified infrastructure applications.
- Coordinate and maintain different IP Telephony enhancements, Unified collaboration systems, Presentations and Audio Visual facilities.
- Install and maintain Unified Communications Systems (CUCM, CUC, UCCX, IMP, AQM) applications.
- Configure and maintain standard QoS templates across all network devices.
- Provide the support to UCS operations across the network.
- Provides world-class customer service to internal and external customers.
- Performs analysis of unified communications needs and contributes to design of network architecture, integration and installation.
- Monitors and maintains Unified Communication Systems and makes necessary recommendations for additional resources or hardware augmentations.
- Prepares and maintains UCS configurations documentation and changes.
- Conduct research and propose appropriate recommendations on unified communication products, services, protocols, and standards in support of user experience continuous improvements.
- Provide periodic capacity & forecast planning statistics and periodic reports to aid in management decisions.
- Consult with the management and design access policy for the acceptable use of the unified communications services.
- Prepare and maintain spare part lists, monitor inventory and ensure that all the critical parts for unified communications systems is always available for fault repair and emergency requirements.
- Review and Support unified communications enhancement of the existing infrastructure through periodic upgrades (hardware & software).
Experience, Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related academic field.
- 5+ years of Cisco technical experience, including design, implementation and support of Cisco Unified Communications solutions.
- Extensive hands on experience on ACD and IVR solutions.
- Valid CCNP Collaboration certificate is preferred.
- Other Collaboration Professional Certifications (ie Certified Video Conferencing Engineer, Cisco Video Network Specialist) are an added advantage.
- Knowledge/ Experience of H.323, H248, MGCP and SIP.
- Knowledge / Experience of Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) and IP trucking concepts, topology design – VoIP media RTP/RTCP.
- Expertise with Signaling Protocols – ISDN, CAS, Analogue, T1/E1 PRI and E and M.
- Experience / Knowledge of compression algorithms – G729, G711, G722 etc.
- Extensive experience configuring, implementing and troubleshooting QoS.
- Experience supporting Call Centers, including setup, configuration and troubleshooting of toll-free numbers desirable.
- Strong knowledge of voice, video and data switches and routers, telecommunications protocols and standards, voice and data infrastructure tools and services, QoS design and operation.